Feature request: PS note rendering. Rimshot velocity <- head

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Feature request: PS note rendering. Rimshot velocity <-

Postby airflamesred » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:32 pm

I'm sorry for the reply, and the damping of your enthusiasm. I. too, have thrown up ideas, that seemed like a good idea, only to be told that it was better done in VST.

I now have, Kontakt, and it does indeed make sense.
I think one should look at MD and realise it's a trigger interface ( and the best). Adding any other features doesn't really help. If you want to put your efforts in to something then a less generic face for MDM would be nice! I have 3d skills if needed!

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby Alek_A » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:59 am

Oh, don't worry, it's OK! I agree, MegaDrum is the best trigger interface. TD30 has positional sensing on snare, on toms even on ride on any built-in kit. MD does it work great! But VSTi side has poor support for PS. (as I mentioned, a few instruments are PS-ready, and then only on snare. Yes you may enable it with scripting in Kontakt, but not in others). Should the ability of MD to compete with Roland's flagship in any way encourage users? I think it should!)) so I would argue that "Adding any other features doesn't really help")
As for 3D, ok, got it! What do you mean by less generic face for MD?
ARM-based 56-input Module with positional sensing board. Roland pads: VH-13-MG, CY-15R-MG, 2 x CY-14C-MG, CY-5, 4 x PDX-100, KD-9; Mac OS X 10.9.2
Alek_A

Postby airflamesred » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:12 am

Alek_A wrote: What do you mean by less generic face for MD?

Jazzing up the interface for MDM. Perhaps with icons as opposed to text?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby Alek_A » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:50 am

angr77 wrote:First, Impressing ideas and a well done research....and presentation! Thanks!
If I look in addictive drums...and count how many samples they offer for e.g toms...it is only 2 sounds...head and rim. Dare I ask you which VST implementation that was supporting PS on Toms?
Angr77, I'm sorry! I did post a reply, but probably there was some network error and I just don't see it!
You're welcome! You're right, there are usually two (or three) sounds for toms in the majority of instruments - head hit, rimshot, (rim only). I suppose more specific tom libraries provide more samples. Mixosaurus Kontakt Library supports PS CC16 for toms, but if you use dualhead tom pads you probably don't need it as it is implemented just to separate head hit and rimshot on head surface.
airflamesred wrote:Jazzing up the interface for MDM. Perhaps with icons as opposed to text?
Honestly, I find the current GUI quite nice. Why don't you like it?
ARM-based 56-input Module with positional sensing board. Roland pads: VH-13-MG, CY-15R-MG, 2 x CY-14C-MG, CY-5, 4 x PDX-100, KD-9; Mac OS X 10.9.2
Alek_A

Postby angr77 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:03 am

Hi Alex_a,

That's great! I will look on the Mixosaurus stuff. Regarding TD30...I made some studies when it was released, it is true it offers PS on Toms as a function... but the TD internal sound library has not any PS samples for Toms... so you will need a great VST to solve the problem anyway.

Keep up the good work!

Angr77
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby Alek_A » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanks for reply! Yes, I see, TD-30 doesn't have PS samples for toms. PS on toms is not a big problem, and I just thought It would be a nice addition! but PS on snare is supported by only a few instruments. Can you name Kontakt library that supports PS on snare? Those I have don't.
Alek_A

Postby Alek_A » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 am

Dmitri, is there any news about picking up velocity from head sensor and enabling PS for rimshots?
Maybe one more global option in configuration like AltNoteChoking?
Alek_A

Postby dmitri » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:18 pm

It's on my todo list.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Alek_A » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:53 am

OK) Sorry for my impatience!
Alek_A

Postby drumdhiver » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:12 pm

Hello!

I'm not quite good in english, I understood that's impossible on MD to have the real rimshot articulation?

I think, it would be a combination of head and rim detection... If there's a simultaneous hit on them, a note different of head and rim is send
drumdhiver

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware