Feature request: PS note rendering. Rimshot velocity <- head

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Feature request: PS note rendering. Rimshot velocity <-

Postby dmitri » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:33 pm

drumdhiver wrote:Hello!
I'm not quite good in english, I understood that's impossible on MD to have the real rimshot articulation?

Where did you read it?
You should have read about BNote in MegaDrum Documentation at http://www.megadrum.info/content/pads-settings
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby drumdhiver » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your answer, it's all piezo/piezo pads except for cymbals for me.

<Ch04: SnareR >
BNote: C#3 49
For piezo/switch/switch 3 zones pdas/cymbals: Note number for the 3rd zone of a 3 zone Yamaha style pad/cymbal.
For piezo/piezo dual zone pads: Note number for a rim shot. Set equal to a note number of the rim to disable rim shot functionality. Note that this feature is still experimental. Right settings for HighLevel on both the head and the rim inputs is very important. Raising MinScan on both the head and the rim can also improve rim shot reliability.

I set DBnote (F1 29) , I tried to hit simultaneously the piezos of head & rim, on midilog, I've only notes of head and rim.
Is I have to set dual or 3 way yamaha or 3way roland?

there's maybe anothers function that I don't know? maybe "set all edgeswitch" and i hit simultaneously head and rim piezo ?
drumdhiver

Postby dmitri » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Do ever read Documentation for anything, I wonder:)
Read about DualMidPoint and DualMidWidth in the same place.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby drumdhiver » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:24 pm

Ah! it's working!
just fine values and i hope it will be perfect

thank you Dimitri
drumdhiver

Postby daniele99 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 am

AD lacks in Rimshot PS handling. Simply there is not a "Rimshot CC Open/shallow" note to map! But only an "Open hit CC open/Shallow" note! But there are non "CC-able" notes for Shallow Rimshots. Years ago I wrote to XLN audio, but they ignore my question. It's a shame, cause it will be a super simple implementation. They only have to link the same CC16 Snare PS settings on the specific map window to a new "Rimshot CC" note. Funky and Jazz drummers would be very happy with it!
Daniele99
DIY edrum kit, Yamaha PCY135, PCY155, Millenium/Alesis 1zone cymbals,Roland FD-8,Roland SPD-S
daniele99

Previous

Return to MegaDrum Hardware