Help needed to configure megadrum (noob)

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Help needed to configure megadrum (noob)

Postby ElderKruegger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi all, I'm new here.

I have built my megadrum based on atmega 8 with the pic18f2550 true usb midi but without keyboard nor lcd neither midi connectors. I programmed both chips successfully (the atmega with megadrum8_16_20071210.hex, and the pic with MegaDrum USB MIDI Firmware 18F2550 12MHz V2.hex), windows xp has automatically installed the audio midi usb driver. But now i ask myself how I could configure my digital board, is another driver needed, what program should i use to configure and control it ? I need help, have i made a mistake somewhere ? I have read all i could find on the forum and on megadrum webpage, but i am a little lost,...and french! :)
If some good soul could give me a little help

And i would like to thank you Dmitri for your works and development, that's just incredible, i'll donate as soon as i have some bucks left, and be sure i'll talk about megadrum to anyone i know.

ElderKruegger
http://www.myspace.com/calluslegion
www.myspace.com/calluslegion
ElderKruegger

Re: Help needed to configure megadrum (noob)

Postby Synthex » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Megadrum based on Atmega8 is somewhat obsolete. There is no update.

Have you tried the software "MegaDrum Controller" ?
http://www.megadrum.info/MD32Controller1.1b.zip
Synthex

Postby ElderKruegger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:44 pm

Thanks for your reply synthex,

Yes i tried but i don't really know how to configure the midi device setting, should i set com1 as input and outpout to megadrum and select the midi outpout of my choice, or should i use another driver to transform com1 in a midi port? i am a little lost, and i have read thing about kawai and roland drivers, and other things about midi yoke and midi ox, but it a little confused for me. (or perhaps there something i should change in the atmega program).
My aim is to use megadrum with nuendo and easy drummer, i didn't need 32 inputs that's why i have chosen atmega 8 based megadrum, i am a little afraid by building another digital board because i've already built mine the old school way without typon ! It took me a time i won't have again before months ! So if there is a way to use the one i have already built i would really appreciate.
ElderKruegger

Postby dmitri » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:25 pm

MD Controller doesn't support MegaDrum8. You can only configure it if you have keys and an LCD.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby ElderKruegger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Ok thanks for your answer, i'll add them if that the only way. With some solder it's gonna work ;)
ElderKruegger

Return to MegaDrum Hardware