Tried everything except the megadrum :)

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Tried everything except the megadrum :)

Postby Grkmtsn » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi all DIY'ers! First topic here..

I've been making my drum for 3 years. :) First i saw making drum from an acoustic set to electronic drum, i really get excited and immediately get working about that because i'm living in apartment and i love drumming. So this project was quite good for me.

First i made my drums with mesh heads with cone type. I found cheap medeli dd505 module online and i bought it. I was satisfied first with that module but it has several inputs and i wanted more.

Then i found Admir's edrum. When i get worked edrum it wasn't good with mesh heads.(but so much better than medeli) So i started search about how can i get it worked properly. I found this solution (some of you may know that) http://www.hellfiredrums.com/archives/468 i made my pads this way. And result was quite satisfying.(Thanks to hellfire!) Finally i got it worked properly! I played about 2 month as my drums made this way. Everything was perfect and so much fun.

But there is something about this build. It makes too much acoustic noise. (At least mine was noisy cause i modified this design a little bit) That's why it wasn't suitable for me since i moved another apartmen which is old and has thin walls. My neighbours complained about noise. Then i returned to mesh head cone type pads. So I'm here where i began. Now i'm about to make megadrum hoping to work with mesh cone type pads. I've done so much things for my drum. You can't imagine :) my days and nights full of thoughts about how i get this drum working as hell! I saw a post in index page about mesh type pads. There will be an upgrade in firmware. This is what i need afterall. It is the factor of why i make decision to make megadrum. It's in improvement. That's very good thing. Thanks Dimitri and for those who contributing with him.. I will make megadrum but what you think can i set all drum working satisfying. Is megadrum has big scale of setting?

Best regards.. Görkem Tosun
Grkmtsn

Return to MegaDrum Hardware