fd-8 footcontroller inconsistent

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: fd-8 footcontroller inconsistent

Postby krickgpe » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:13 pm

dmitri wrote:You don't do it in the module - you do it in the cable.

Hi. what do you mean "in the cable"?
krickgpe

Postby dmitri » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:41 pm

krickgpe wrote:

You can do in several ways. E.g. cut a cable in half and solder it together with a resistor soldered between the tip and ring wires.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby krickgpe » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:49 pm

dmitri wrote:
krickgpe wrote:

You can do in several ways. E.g. cut a cable in half and solder it together with a resistor soldered between the tip and ring wires.

You're speaking about the cable that come from Hihat pedal controler output of MD and go ti the input of the FD8?
krickgpe

Postby dmitri » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Yes
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby krickgpe » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:21 pm

hi,
I made the settings of my hh controler witch is an FSR diy foot controler. I soldered a 15K resistance on the cable, this the settings :
The pedal works well (for me High impedance choice was better), even if it is still necessary to make adjustments to improve the range...if some one can tell me how...
But, I've 2 problems :
-HH cymbal plays only closed even the HH controler is in open position...I don't know why?...
-if I want to change the note number of the HH in MDM, for example if I put Note 60 in MDM for HH, AD2 with map Megadrum Advanced plays note 8...
Thanks for help.
krickgpe

Postby dmitri » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm

krickgpe wrote:-HH cymbal plays only closed even the HH controler is in open position...I don't know why?...

Possibly because HiLevel is still too high and MegaDrum thinks it is still not fully open.
-if I want to change the note number of the HH in MDM, for example if I put Note 60 in MDM for HH, AD2 with map Megadrum Advanced plays note 8...

If the HiHat is not fully open then MegaDrum takes notes for the HiHat cymbal hits from BowSO/EdgeSO/BellSO/BowHO/EdgeHO/BellHO/BowSCL/EdgeSCL/BellSCL/BowCL/EdgeCL/BellCL.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby krickgpe » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:29 pm

dmitri wrote:
krickgpe wrote:-HH cymbal plays only closed even the HH controler is in open position...I don't know why?...

Possibly because HiLevel is still too high and MegaDrum thinks it is still not fully open.

If the HiHat is not fully open then MegaDrum takes notes for the HiHat cymbal hits from BowSO/EdgeSO/BellSO/BowHO/EdgeHO/BellHO/BowSCL/EdgeSCL/BellSCL/BowCL/EdgeCL/BellCL.

Fort HiLevel you're talking about the Level of HH cymbal ?
Fort the problem of changing note of the HH I don't understand you're answer...sorry
Thanks
krickgpe

Postby dmitri » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:48 pm

krickgpe wrote:
dmitri wrote:

Fort HiLevel you're talking about thé Lebel of HH cymbale ?

I'm talking about the HiHat pedal HiLevel from http://www.megadrum.info/content/hihat-pedal-settings

Fort the problem of changing note of the HH I don't understand you're answer...sorry

When HiHat is is fully open and you hit HiHat's cymbals, notes are taken from the Note/ANote/PNote of the HiHat cymbal input settings.
When HiHat is not fully open and you hit HiHat's cymbals, notes are taken from the BowSO/EdgeSO/BellSO/BowHO/EdgeHO/BellHO/BowSCL/EdgeSCL/BellSCL/BowCL/EdgeCL/BellCL notes of the HiHat pedal settings.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby krickgpe » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:57 pm

so in my HH pedal's settings HiLevel : 128 is to high? but I get this with this method : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2082
but If I decrease this value that 's change nothing...
krickgpe

Postby dmitri » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Enable Big VU Meter. Do you see HiHat VU Meter go all the way left and right when your pedal is fully closed and open? If so then your LowLevel and HiLevel are fine. In this case, if you're still not getting Note/ANote/PNote from the HiHat cymbal input settings then you need to adjust OpenLvl in the HiHat pedal settings.
dmitri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware