fd-8 footcontroller inconsistent

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: fd-8 footcontroller inconsistent

Postby krickgpe » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:00 am

dmitri wrote:Enable Big VU Meter. Do you see HiHat VU Meter go all the way left and right when your pedal is fully closed and open? If so then your LowLevel and HiLevel are fine. In this case, if you're still not getting Note/ANote/PNote from the HiHat cymbal input settings then you need to adjust OpenLvl in the HiHat pedal settings.

Yes I used Big VU Meter and it let me see that my LowLevel and HighLevel are fine...
krickgpe

Postby krickgpe » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:09 am

hi,
where is "OpenLv" settings in MDM? thanks
krickgpe

Postby dmitri » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:37 am

dmitri
Site Admin

Postby krickgpe » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi dmitri,
I try to adjust OpenLv with different value but it doesn't change anything, I still have only closed HH sound...
krickgpe

Postby dmitri » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Are you sure you are getting HiHat MIDI closed notes from MegaDrum? If yes, then:

Take a screenshot of MIDI Log showing HiHat closed MIDI notes when you hit open HiHat.
Take a screenshot of HiHat input settings
Take a screenshot of HiHat pedal Notes settings
Take a screenshot of HiHat pedal Levels settings

P.S. I have a feeling that you misconfigured AD rather than MegaDrum.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby krickgpe » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:14 pm

dmitri wrote:Are you sure you are getting HiHat MIDI closed notes from MegaDrum? If yes, then:

Take a screenshot of MIDI Log showing HiHat closed MIDI notes when you hit open HiHat.
Take a screenshot of HiHat input settings
Take a screenshot of HiHat pedal Notes settings
Take a screenshot of HiHat pedal Levels settings

P.S. I have a feeling that you misconfigured AD rather than MegaDrum.

HH input Sttings :

HH Pedal Level Setiings :

HH Pedal Notes Settings :

Midi Log HH open :

and

krickgpe

Postby angr77 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:50 pm

Hi.

If using note 7 or 8 in AD2...these sounds demands for a cc 04 value to be sent in prior. So have you configured your hihat pedal in MD to send cc:04 pedal data? Make a screenshot of this MD page.

Using note 7 & 8 also require the MegaDRUM advanced settings in AD2.

The MD pedal notes page looks good....and you can relax about the pedal levels page for each hit type...they won't matter except the high/low pedal level. The high/low level e.g 125/75 has a very small gap. I would suggest to add a resistor about 10-15k between the tip/ring on the pedal input to gain some more gap.

Angr77
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby krickgpe » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:58 am

angr77 wrote:Hi.

If using note 7 or 8 in AD2...these sounds demands for a cc 04 value to be sent in prior. So have you configured your hihat pedal in MD to send cc:04 pedal data? Make a screenshot of this MD page.

Using note 7 & 8 also require the MegaDRUM advanced settings in AD2.

The MD pedal notes page looks good....and you can relax about the pedal levels page for each hit type...they won't matter except the high/low pedal level. The high/low level e.g 125/75 has a very small gap. I would suggest to add a resistor about 10-15k between the tip/ring on the pedal input to gain some more gap.

Angr77

Hi angr77,

cc:04 page MDM :

Yes I use the MegaDRUM advanced settings in AD2 :

I soldered a 15k resistor between the tip/ring on the pedal input :

is there something wrong?...

Thanks for your help
krickgpe

Postby dmitri » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:31 am

Judging by you settings and MIDI Log, MegaDrum is configured to send the same note regardless of if the HiHat is open or close. In this case you have to make sure that AD is properly configured to recognize HiHat controller MIDI CC messages for positions.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby angr77 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi Again!

The idea behind the MegaDRUM Advanced setup in AD2 is to let AD2 to handle the selection of hi-hat sounds based on the hit type (Bow or edge) and the cc:04 hi-hat pedal position. It will handle everything in between open and closed automatically.

We have also another scenario called MegaDRUM Basic - The idea here is to let MD do the selection of sounds.

For full story - please have a look in the Map and Preset Guide for MegaDRUM / AD2 design guide. http://issuu.com/digitaldrummer/docs/md_ad2_v099_1_

Note: There has been some small hi-hat problems in earlier versions of AD2. (Which was corrected in 2.0.3 and above)

Best Regards

ANGR77
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware