fd-8 footcontroller inconsistent

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: fd-8 footcontroller inconsistent

Postby krickgpe » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:50 pm

angr77 wrote:Hi Again!

The idea behind the MegaDRUM Advanced setup in AD2 is to let AD2 to handle the selection of hi-hat sounds based on the hit type (Bow or edge) and the cc:04 hi-hat pedal position. It will handle everything in between open and closed automatically.

We have also another scenario called MegaDRUM Basic - The idea here is to let MD do the selection of sounds.

For full story - please have a look in the Map and Preset Guide for MegaDRUM / AD2 design guide. http://issuu.com/digitaldrummer/docs/md_ad2_v099_1_

Note: There has been some small hi-hat problems in earlier versions of AD2. (Which was corrected in 2.0.3 and above)

Best Regards

But normaly it can work with Advanced map of AD2? or do you think I've to try with basic mal of AD?
Do you've an idea of why the range between Low and High level of the
HH padal is so small?...
Thanks

ANGR77
krickgpe

Postby angr77 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi!

Both scenarios do work...but don't try to mix them.

I was looking on my old figures for fd-8 and a 10k resistor and my low level was 10 and high level was 475. So your high/low pedal levels seems to be very tight. Have you performed an auto high level sequence after installing the resistor?

Angr77
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby krickgpe » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:03 pm

angr77 wrote:Hi!

Both scenarios do work...but don't try to mix them.

I was looking on my old figures for fd-8 and a 10k resistor and my low level was 10 and high level was 475. So your high/low pedal levels seems to be very tight. Have you performed an auto high level sequence after installing the resistor?

Angr77

What do you mean with "auto high level sequence"?...how do you do that?
Thanks
krickgpe

Postby angr77 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:32 pm

:-)

From MDM....enable the auto high level checkbox for the pedal and then set the high level to 64....press send. Now when starting to jump on the pedal you will see the high level rise to its maximum level. After have measured the high level...please uncheck the auto high level and press send.

This sequence can also be initiated on the MD directly...using the same sequence as above in the menus. This is not only valid for the pedal...this works for all type of pads.

Angr77
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby krickgpe » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:06 pm

angr77 wrote::-)

From MDM....enable the auto high level checkbox for the pedal and then set the high level to 64....press send. Now when starting to jump on the pedal you will see the high level rise to its maximum level. After have measured the high level...please uncheck the auto high level and press send.

This sequence can also be initiated on the MD directly...using the same sequence as above in the menus. This is not only valid for the pedal...this works for all type of pads.

Angr77

I try this and in MD High Level rise only at 132... :( there is something I must not do correctly...I don't understand how can you get Low level 10 and High Level 475...
Thanks
krickgpe

Postby airflamesred » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:37 pm

The number it's self is not important. Just make sure that you press on the pedal as you would in normal usage.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby krickgpe » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:41 pm

airflamesred wrote:The number it's self is not important. Just make sure that you press on the pedal as you would in normal usage.

ok...and after that?...that's change nothing of my problem...Thanks
krickgpe

Postby dmitri » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:47 am

What is your problem, really?
Is it MegaDrum not reacting to the pedal movement ( HiHat VU Meter doesn't move)?
or
MegaDrum is not generating MIDI CC 04 messages with the pedal movement?
or
AD not reacting to MIDI CC 04 messages, i.e. not producing right sounds with the pedal movement?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby krickgpe » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:53 pm

dmitri wrote:What is your problem, really?
Is it MegaDrum not reacting to the pedal movement ( HiHat VU Meter doesn't move)?
or
MegaDrum is not generating MIDI CC 04 messages with the pedal movement?
or
AD not reacting to MIDI CC 04 messages, i.e. not producing right sounds with the pedal movement?

Hi,
Yes Megadrum is reacting to the pedal movement.
Yes MegaDrum is generating MIDI CC 04 messages with the pedal movement
My problem is AD not repoducing the "Open HH" sound then the HH is in open position...
I redo again the pedal HH setting procedure viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2082
and I still have the problem of the range between my LowLevel : 62 and HighLevel : 82 is too small so sound of the HH pedal is not smoothy...
How can I increase the range?
Thanks
krickgpe

Postby dmitri » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:32 am

I guess you either made some error when soldering a resistor in viewtopic.php?p=28194#p28194 or there is something wrong with the pedal itself. I'd suggest you to measure voltage on the tip in open and closed positions when connected MegaDrum.

Also, make sure that AltIn in Pedal settings and the HiHat impedance switch position are matching.
dmitri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware