KIT AVAILABLE !!! All In One v2.7 PCB Kit to sell !!!

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: KIT AVAILABLE !!! All In One v2.7 PCB Kit to sell !!!

Postby dmitri » Sat May 31, 2008 3:41 pm

If it's the same whether you connect MegaDrum or not, than it means MegaDrum is not detected. Do you have another USB device connected which is detected as USB Audio and it conflicts with MegaDrum? Maybe WebCam with audio? Try to disconnect it and try MegaDrum again. Didn't help? Disconnect all USB devices and connect only MegaDrum. Did it help?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Lakedaemon » Sat May 31, 2008 4:11 pm

dmitri wrote:If it's the same whether you connect MegaDrum or not, than it means MegaDrum is not detected. Do you have another USB device connected which is detected as USB Audio and it conflicts with MegaDrum? Maybe WebCam with audio? Try to disconnect it and try MegaDrum again. Didn't help? Disconnect all USB devices and connect only MegaDrum. Did it help?

Well, it's strange that it isn't detected because..when I plug it in and I light it in a different usb socket, it detects it and set ups the right drivers...but it doesn't appear in the audio settings

Could it be an USB2 related problem ?
(because I think that my external hdd only connects in USB1.1 as it is slow as hell...there might be a problem with my usb2 stack (though the usb1.1 seems to work ok))

I went in the bios and all should be okey there too...

I tried disconecting the web cam..I even uninstalled it (yet there is the matter of the logitech driver...that feels strange..)

I'll investigate some more and get in touch...
Lakedaemon

Postby Lakedaemon » Sat May 31, 2008 4:59 pm

ok...I tested megadrum on my laptop and it looks like it works there just fine...

USB Audio appears in the menus. I tested it with midi ox, and it works just fine (sending notes and notes off ^^)

So, this was a damn crappy w!~!0$ problem...

Now, I'm on the hunt to fix my usb stack and make Megadrum magically appear on my desktop, damnit !

Thanks synthex and Dmitri for the working board, and the (wow this is what I call a fast answer) help !

Best Regards,
Lakedaemon
Lakedaemon

Postby PFozz » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:23 am

Thanx Synthex for your kit!
I wanted to build a Megadrum for one of my project (I needed the electronic part to be compact) and I must say Dmitri did a very nice job. This circuit works like a charm and it has a great potential.
The PCB by Synthex is pretty nice and of top quality.
I highly recommend both the design by Dmitri and the kit by Synthex.

Thanx guys for your brilliant work!
All the best,
PFozz
PFozz

Postby Synthex » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:59 pm

Hello PFozz,

Thank you for compliments ! :)

Synthex
Synthex

Postby Synthex » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:04 pm

For those who have no electronics store near them,
I can add all these components for 35 euros :
ComposantsAll.jpg

Synthex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Synthex

Postby slayer666 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:18 pm

Synthex wrote:For those who have no electronics store near them,
I can add all these components for 35 euros :
ComposantsAll.jpg

Synthex

I would recommend NOT using the buttons in the picture. Those are the exact same I had the lazy problems with.
I used this kind: http://www.elfa.se/images/highres/h1606.jpg
slayer666

Postby Synthex » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:50 pm

slayer666 wrote:I would recommend NOT using the buttons in the picture. Those are the exact same I had the lazy problems with.

I've never had problem with these buttons ... ;)
Synthex

Postby slayer666 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Synthex wrote:
slayer666 wrote:I would recommend NOT using the buttons in the picture. Those are the exact same I had the lazy problems with.

I've never had problem with these buttons ... ;)

I bet you that at least a few will have problems with these buttons. :)
Any button that has a clicking sound when pushed will work.
slayer666

Postby gastric » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Synthex - Come up with a COMPLETE kit that includes all of the necessary components. I mean EVERYTHING. Small metal 1/2 rack chassis that could be stuck in a standard 1/2 rack tray or get a rack ear screwed to it, all of the inputs, LCD, buttons, the works. An entire, complete kit 22 or 32 input kit with everything. Well, minus the labor to solder it all together, of course. Then we can open a box and have all components and instructions there and just have to do the actual assembly.

Once you start considering that and actually selling them successfully I'll then try to talk you into considering doing all the soldering, too, and shipping a completed unit that's usable out of the box. That will satisfy all potential users that don't want to be bothered doing it themselves. And I would think that would be a much more purchased product than any of the partial or even full kits.
gastric

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware