False Trigger Problem / AltFalseTrSupp to Yes new or old?

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: False Trigger Problem / AltFalseTrSupp to Yes new or old

Postby talrusher » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:33 am

but does it make any Change on Setting up the supression if i dont set the curve to linear? cant imagine it does...
Here I stand in the falling rain
There is no joy inside these tears
I see the world through a twisted and bitter stare
To be where I have been... to see what I have seen
Is it a dream?
Or can I believe...
The memories will haunt me for evermore
talrusher

Postby dmitri » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:49 am

No, it doesn't.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby angr77 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:35 pm

In the nice "Dmitri Mesh PAD Sequence"...See the first page in this post: A couple of questions do pop up!

1. One of the first tasks in the sequence is to Reduce DynLevel until false notes start to appear...but if no false notes starts to appear, even if you go down to 0...Is this okey or is this indicating something else? If I continue with the sequence...by lowering the DynTime, Threshold etc there is no problem to find the value where false triggers start to generates.

2. This nice sequence...Is this valid for other types of PADs? Cymbals...with switches etc.. or do the forum have other nice sequences for this?

3. In the preparations for doing the sequence...there are some notes but I beleive that a propoer Autohighlevel needs to be done and setting gain to 0. Is there any other things that could be added? Like doing a Head/RIM threshold sequence etc?

I have been using this sequence a couple of times when dialing in PADS. Great Post!

Best Regards
Anders
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby andrei23 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Sorry for the noob :geek: question, but I've been reading this and a couple of similar threads in order to get a head start in my understanding of what to do once my new MD kit arrives (kind of a cool feeling, Dmitri, knowing the man who is soldering gear just for you - this kit will be a special thing to play, compared to something that came off a factory floor)...

Is there a list somewhere which summarizes the various commands we can program, and under which cases a higher or lower value in generally recommended? I've been picking up pieces from various conversations, but just wondering if someone's compiled a "master list" in a thread I've just overlooked, or if something like that comes with the MD or MDM instructions?

Most of it seems straight forward... play it, watch the log, adjust as necessary; but knowing exactly what to try to tweak first based on each symptom might help minimize the repeat messages Dmitri is so kindly always answering ("it's not doing this or too much of this", "okay, then, try setting x to y" type of thing).

A lot of coverage here of mesh & Roland gear (looking forward to upgrading there myself soon), but thin on what to do rubber pads from what I've been able to find so far. I'll share my Alesis settings when they get there so we can round that out for others.
MegaDrum ARM x56, Addictive Drums via SaviHost VST wrapper, Alesis DM6 USB kit, Win7 32bit, Audigy2 ZS, 2GB RAM, Vic Firth 3ANs
andrei23

Postby dmitri » Fri May 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Most of it is in MegaDrum Documentation: http://www.megadrum.info/content/megadrum-configuration
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby airflamesred » Fri May 10, 2013 10:11 pm

It won't be a problem with the alesis pads. MD covers just about anything you can throw at it

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby andrei23 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:57 pm

No doubt, AirFlames... I'm already getting that impression from everything I read here. It may take some tinkering to set up, but I believe well worth it, in order to have a system that responds perfectly to one's individual playing style and gear.

Dmitri... thanks for the link, mate - exactly what I was looking for! If I may offer one small suggestion - it would be wonderful if all the chapters there were also compiled into a single downloadable PDF. I may be old-fashioned, but as I tinker with MDM on my screen, I'd love paper instructions laying in my lap (avoids using ALT-TAB back and forth).
MegaDrum ARM x56, Addictive Drums via SaviHost VST wrapper, Alesis DM6 USB kit, Win7 32bit, Audigy2 ZS, 2GB RAM, Vic Firth 3ANs
andrei23

Postby angr77 » Sat May 11, 2013 5:36 am

Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby andrei23 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:21 am

Sweet! Thank you
andrei23

Postby Andrej » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:54 pm

dmitri wrote:1. AltFalseTrSupp must be set to No (default) and HighLevel must be set correctly for the pad and the pad must not be too "hot' or it must be "cooled".
2. Set MinScan to ~40
3. Set Curve to Linear.
4. Set Threshold to 80 (yes 80, it will be lowered later).
5. Set Retrigger to 1.
6. Set DynLevel to 15 and DynTime to 60

Once it is set like this you should not get any "after hit" false notes.

Hm, this is not working for me. I've built a mesh pad using Wronka EasyTrigger and a DDT 2ply mesh head, on a 13 inch wood snare.
Here are my values:
o Threshold = 80
o Gain = 8
o HighLevel = 333 (determined using HighLevel Auto)
o HighLevel Auto = Off
o Retrigger Mask = 1
o DynLevel 15
o DynTime 60
o MinScan 40

The Trigger is lightly touching the mesh from below.

MIDI Log shows, the false hit was 8ms triggered after the real hit. Velocity of the false hit was 95, velocity of the preceding real hit was 87.

After 10 no-false hits, I got another false hit. This time, it's 16 ms after the first, with a velocity of 85, preceding true hit had 102.

Attached is a waveform of my snare and my kick (a Krigg). Both waveforms don't look as "pretty" as I hoped, but the waveform of the Snare looks very bad, and I'm not surprised MD does not give good results.

Anybody have a nice waveform to compare? What can I expect?

Thanks
Andrej
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Megadrum32(STM32F103RCT6) with Rectifier board, FW 20130612.
Mapex Fastpack A2E conversion using cakepan+cone method.
Yamaha PCY-135, PCY-155, RHH-135.
(Not yet finished)
Andrej

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware