Modified Designs

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Modified Designs

Postby BlueDragon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:33 am

Hi all,

Ok here is a topic for Modified Designs

this design attempts to combine the digital atmega32 board with the atmega8 version of avr cdc for usb

target board size 150mm L x 100mm W

single layer with jumper wires

Total pin count 242 :ugeek:

used a block of connectors for a jumper grid so that the programing can be switched between atmega32 and the atmega8

be cool if someone else could have a look and tell me if its a working design ;) it's late here now and my eye's have gone all funny :P

I did checked to make sure it would route within its target size and it does 8-) if the design is ok i will upload the layout too :D

feel free to change it and post here especially if I made a boo boo or two :oops: ;)

Edit: Check out Synthex new work
Last edited by BlueDragon on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BlueDragon

Re: Modified Designs

Postby BlueDragon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:57 am

ok I have reduced to components on the analogue board by 22 using SMT parts BAT54S

datasheet here
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datashe ... T54S.shtml

they can be a pain to solder on, but sand the pads lightly and use a flux pen with a soldering iron that has a fine tip

only 0.09p each from rapidonline
http://www.rapidonline.com/productinfo. ... ef=47-3126

the idea is to make the analogue board a small PCB add-on module to the main Atmega board, just before the bank of input jacks

feedback on this please would be nice 8-)

dmitri

Excellent job keep up the good work
Last edited by BlueDragon on Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueDragon

Postby BlueDragon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:26 am

dmitri

if the lcd and menu buttons was removed and we use the software to control it could we have more trigger inputs ??
BlueDragon

Postby dmitri » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:05 am

BlueDragon wrote:dmitri

if the lcd and menu buttons was removed and we use the software to control it could we have more trigger inputs ??

It is possible but not due to freed pins. The pins must belong to ADC Port. So it is only possible if I add another 4051 multiplexer.
With Atmega8 I will hit memory limit with more inputs. With Atmega32 it doable up to certain point where it could hit speed limit.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby BlueDragon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:19 am

dmitri wrote:
It is possible but not due to freed pins. The pins must belong to ADC Port. So it is only possible if I add another 4051 multiplexer.
With Atmega8 I will hit memory limit with more inputs. With Atmega32 it doable up to certain point where it could hit speed limit.

sounds nice :)

I am sure it would put this design a few more steps above most MIDI drum triggers :P

the Atmega32 is the best for future MegaDrum imho more flexible and great value :mrgreen:
BlueDragon

Postby Synthex » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

BlueDragon,

In your megadrum32withUSBV3.dch, you have add resistors on AREF input on ATmega8 ?
Why did you do that ? :?:

Best regards,
Synthex
Synthex

Postby BlueDragon » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Synthex wrote:BlueDragon,

In your megadrum32withUSBV3.dch, you have add resistors on AREF input on ATmega8 ?
Why did you do that ? :?:

Best regards,
Synthex

yep i did remove this later but have not had any time to spend on this since am in last year uni :geek:

btw i do like your new designs very cool nice work :mrgreen:
BlueDragon

Return to MegaDrum Hardware