Megadrum Gallery

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Megadrum Gallery

Postby airflamesred » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:10 pm

Nice, but you might want to resize those images.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby Nepo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:31 am

Hello,
nice idear to use a cable channel as housing...

br
Nepo
Nepo

Postby snowfall » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:01 pm

Just finished my MD-Lite build. I definitely have a lot to learn when it comes to electronics skills, but hey, at least everything works! Now, it's on to spending countless hours tweaking parameters :)
- snow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
snowfall

Postby airflamesred » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:33 am

Nice, is that just a straight swap with the pot and button?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby snowfall » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:35 pm

airflamesred wrote:Nice, is that just a straight swap with the pot and button?

Not sure if you're referring to my build, but looking at the full MD instructions, there is a separate connector for the rotary encoders. The four buttons for the MD lite kit are wired the same way as for the full MD kit, as AFIAK
snowfall

Postby ignotus » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Hi, here's a picture of my module, which recently received a facelift: large 2.8" screen, backlit metal buttons, rotary encoders and a brushed aluminium faceplate. You can see that the aluminium plate (piece of a leftover wall panel from Ikea) is just stuck on the front of the old plastic box lid, but I didn't want to make a whole new enclosure and the plastic lid was destroyed after swapping different-sized screens several times and needed to be completely covered.
module.jpg

One day, when I finish the kit, I'll post pics of that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby ignotus » Wed May 04, 2016 5:02 pm

I finally finished my kit!
kit side.jpg

kit.jpg
ignotus

Postby airflamesred » Wed May 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Nice, whats the bass pad thing?

airflamesred

Postby ignotus » Wed May 04, 2016 6:39 pm

It's a bongo shell filled with several layers of different density foam, covered with fabric from a t-shirt, held down with a ring of rubber. The triggers are in the beaters and each go to their own input for better control and the possibility of assigning different sounds to each. The pad is really quiet and almost feels like the real thing, it maybe has a bit less rebound but that's not a problem; I was more concerned about having something quiet.
ignotus

Postby airflamesred » Wed May 04, 2016 8:23 pm

ignotus wrote:It's a bongo shell filled with several layers of different density foam, covered with fabric from a t-shirt, held down with a ring of rubber.

Now that's my kind of description!

ignotus wrote: The triggers are in the beaters and each go to their own input for better control and the possibility of assigning different sounds to each.

Is that a bix then or have you made your own?

airflamesred

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware