Megadrum Gallery

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Megadrum Gallery

Postby elrules » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:10 am

johnvpr wrote:
elrules wrote: Why the hell are the piezos upside??

this was my first idea, I have placed a piezo under the cymbal and the second on top(upside bow or edge) but now I'm not too shure how to make a 2 zone with 2 independent piezo(that dont affect one to each other)

for the edge od bow was thinking of fitting with this order on the cymbal:
1) thick mousepad
2) piezo
3) alluminium (from can soda)
4) thin mousepad
As you are italian maybe you understand a little of my tutorial about 3zone cymbals:
http://portal.batacas.com/index.php?vie ... &Itemid=74
elrules

Postby johnvpr » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:23 pm

elrules wrote:As you are italian maybe you understand a little of my tutorial about 3zone cymbals:

Your 3zone cymbal version it's the koolest i've ever seen, but there is some info i'm not shure about this solutions...
1) they are reliable, if you hit very hard on switch they will continue to work (friends come and play my drum dont care much :( )
2) I'm not shure if I will make ,it to build an 3zone working fine cymbal ;) with 3 distinct zone working 100%
johnvpr

Postby elrules » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:40 pm

johnvpr wrote:
elrules wrote:As you are italian maybe you understand a little of my tutorial about 3zone cymbals:

Your 3zone cymbal version it's the koolest i've ever seen, but there is some info i'm not shure about this solutions...
1) they are reliable, if you hit very hard on switch they will continue to work (friends come and play my drum dont care much :( )
2) I'm not shure if I will make ,it to build an 3zone working fine cymbal ;) with 3 distinct zone working 100%
If you stick well the mousepad and the aluminum sheets, you should not have problems. The tutorial I let you was to build a cymbal with the Roland style 3zone design. You can follow all the tutorial, but changing the final steps to make a Yamaha style 3 zone cymbal. It is better as you only need one input of your megadrum. You have to use only one jack connector, connect both switches to the sleeve-ground of jack, but one of the must have a 10k resistor in serie. See this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=340
elrules

Postby gastric » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:01 pm

Guys, start a new thread. This is the GALLERY thread. I keep seeing thread updates and am expecting to see new MegaDrum pictures. :)
gastric

Postby elrules » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:37 pm

I think dmitri should add a new subforum called Gallery pics or something like that. ;)
elrules

Postby johnvpr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:22 pm

I think also dmitri should add a Gallery subforum and a DIY drum subforum, it will be very nice to confront all MD users on our DIY drums.
johnvpr

Postby Xmattz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:10 pm

Ok here It is. I ve not finished all the cabling inside, but I plugged the snare and it worked. Thanks again Synthex for the kit and all the "ready for use" chip already flashed. I just had to plug the snare, run EZDrummer, and had this beautifull sound comming from my PC instead of the quite limited HD1 module. Thanks also to dimitri, whithout whole, nothing this wouldn't have happened :p

Here are some picture :

Cheers,
Xmattz
Xmattz

Postby japi » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:59 am

Very nice!
Here's mine. Not very professional, but it works :)

mdready-30.medium.jpg

mdready-28.medium.jpg

mdready-18.medium.jpg

mdready-14.medium.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
japi

Postby Xmattz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:46 pm

very nice ! home made PCB ! ;)
And jack PCB is so great, I spent so much time to solder all these. But it must be a nighmare to make all hole in line ?

Good job !
Xmattz

Postby dmitri » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Megadrum from slingerland :
MY SET.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmitri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware