Hi, I'm new (..and STUNNED!)

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Hi, I'm new (..and STUNNED!)

Postby Beamtreetaker » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:16 pm

Hello @ everyone,

let my quickly introduce myself:
I am a 25y/o student from Germay and making music is one of my biggest hobbies: I am a drumming maniac.. :D .., I play guitar, some keys and also like to sing. In my teens I played in many local bands, but for the last years I focused more on songwriting at my small home studio. Because playing real drums at my house is impossible and quality edrums seem much too expensive to me, I'm really interested in the whole DIY idea...

Yesterday I came across this site and could hardly believe that there are people like you, building a pad2midi module on their owns! I am totally fascinated by this project and simply can't wait to get started and build my own unit (unfortunately I'll have to wait for some weeks until I'll be finished with my university exams).

I also hope I can contribute to this project in some way... what comes to my mind spontaniously is maybe working on a documentation suitable for total beginners (people who are where I am right now) who after spending many hours in the forum feel soo overwhelmed by the complexity of the subject (especially if you're not an electronics-guru.....). I do think that countless musicians are looking for exactly THIS - a capable, affordable and expandable triggering unit - but I fear that many would miss a structered step-by-step tutorial (or maybe I am misunderstanding the whole DIY thing.. :| ).

Also, it's a pity that there are no high quality videos showing megadrum's capabilities (which hopefully are really as top-notch as I think :D )..... btw I know there is this video made by estregan, but as he already pointed out a real groovy drummer would be way more appropriate!

But I know this project is rather young... I think there is much potential..

Big thanks for everyone who is making this possible!!
I do have to switch back to my learning books now. :(

Cheers,
Beamtree
Beamtreetaker

Return to MegaDrum Hardware