Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

I have built MegaDrum and...

It lived up to my expectations but I cannot compare it with other Drum triggers
48%
It lived up to my expectations and it is better than other Drum triggers
42%
It lived up to my expectations but it is worse than other Drum triggers
No votes
It is worse than I expected but it is ok.
No votes
I should have not built it, total loss of time/money.
4%
I built it but don't know what to do with it now.
7%

Total votes : 107

Re: I have built MegaDrum and...

Postby gyro » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:24 am

Everything of the hardware works, yippee! Megadrum is recognized by Windows as usb audio device. I now use SaviHost + MyDrumsetRocks to do a qiuck test (maybe later on I will use other soft, this one is just for testing purposes) but I can't select a midi input. I don't know if I better put this question here or in the software part. I guess I'm missing something here. Can someone help me out please ?
gyro

Postby dmitri » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Create an new thread in Related Software.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dmitri » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 pm

My wild guess is that we won't see concise reasons from whoever voted for 'I should have not built it, total loss of time/money.'
Too bad, could have saved others from loosing time/money.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby fuzzysnuggleduck » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:06 am

I can't vote for any of these options yet because I haven't spent enough time with my kit and MegaDrum with a strong enough level of understanding for what each precise option does and what strategies to use to nail down my pad and cymbal responses. I've been doing a lot of reading and I'm definitely understanding the terminology and purpose of the various settings better now but I haven't found the "sweet spot" yet.

I'm certainly hoping MegaDrum will live up to my expectations... I've already worked through a couple basic problems, which is positive.
fuzzysnuggleduck

Postby dmitri » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:06 pm

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:I can't vote for any of these options yet because I haven't spent enough time with my kit and MegaDrum with a strong enough level of understanding for what each precise option does and what strategies to use to nail down my pad and cymbal responses. I've been doing a lot of reading and I'm definitely understanding the terminology and purpose of the various settings better now but I haven't found the "sweet spot" yet.

I'm certainly hoping MegaDrum will live up to my expectations... I've already worked through a couple basic problems, which is positive.

First of all, read everything on http://www.megadrum.info/content/megadrum-configuration
After that, if you have any problems raise the question in the forum in a separate topic with detailed description of a problem.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby fuzzysnuggleduck » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:04 am

dmitri wrote:First of all, read everything on http://www.megadrum.info/content/megadrum-configuration
After that, if you have any problems raise the question in the forum in a separate topic with detailed description of a problem.

I've already read through that page a few times, no doubt I'll be reading through it again.
fuzzysnuggleduck

Postby Crazyanz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:55 pm

woops i just voted random to see the opinion of others so dont mind my vote i haven't build anything yet :oops:
Crazyanz

Postby dmitri » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Crazyanz wrote:woops i just voted random to see the opinion of others so dont mind my vote i haven't build anything yet :oops:

You can see results without voting. I've deleted your vote. Vote again once you've built MegaDrum ;)
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Crazyanz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:11 am

thanks :) Planning on making a e-drum right now will be purchasing one of the kits soon.
Crazyanz

Postby ltuckey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 pm

This is one of the best personal projects I've ever tried. I built the 32 channel trigger and it works great with Yamaha pads, and the homemade one I built using the information from Hellfiredrums. Thanks for putting this information out there. My first set is going to be used by our church's youth group. I plan on building a second set for my own music room (once my kids move out).
ltuckey

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware