Atmega bulk order

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Atmega bulk order

Postby rockdude » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:55 pm

einkahumor wrote:Do you guys all want the 644? Please be specific so there won't be any misunderstanding! Wouldn't want you to get the wrong chips.

Yes that's exactly what I want :). Atmega644-20PU.

If someone doesn't mention what they want in their post, we should assume it's the 644.
But it's good you mentioned it. Maybe you could write it in your first post in this thread.
rockdude

Postby Synthex » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:08 pm

einkahumor wrote:
zaklinacz wrote:ok with that, what about programmed ATmegas in Synthex kits?
BR
Michal

Very interesting question! Will Synthex provide kits with the new encrypted bootloader? I had planned to buy another Synthex kit for home practice once I have my first one (currently on it's way) up and running.

In the near future, I will provide kits with the new encrypted bootloader.
Synthex

Postby einkahumor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Synthex wrote:In the near future, I will provide kits with the new encrypted bootloader.
Awesomissimo!
einkahumor

Postby r0bbie » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:33 pm

If this is the official order thread :?: I like to order one Atmega644-20PU

Will it be shipped with the latest version firmware loaded so it is plug and play?

regards,

Rob.
If it ain't broken try to improve it.
r0bbie

Postby dmitri » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:15 pm

r0bbie wrote:If this is the official order thread :?: I like to order one Atmega644-20PU

This thread is started by einkahumor to save on bulk order from Farnell. As soon as he decides there are enough people to save on Farnell's delivery/quantity, total cost for the order from Farnell is calculated, I will need to calculate the cost for each person (based on the destination country and insured/uninsured postage cost). Once the full amount is transferred over Paypal I will do the rest. If you don't want to wait you can just ask for one now and calculate the cost as per viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1251

Will it be shipped with the latest version firmware loaded so it is plug and play?

It will be loaded with the protected bootloader so that you could load a correct MegaDrum firmware yourself. I can pre-load a particular firmware but different people may use it with different crystals/number of inputs.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dmitri » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:51 pm

dmitri wrote: I will need to calculate the cost for each person (based on the destination country and insured/uninsured postage cost).

In fact, you can calculate it yourself based on this:
I use Royal Mail for postages.
To EU it will cost £2/£6 uninsured/insured.
To US it will cost £3/£7 uninsured/insured.
To Russia (and probably to other CIS countries but I will need to check it) it will cost £2/£6 uninsured/insured.
For other countries I will need to check the price individually.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby einkahumor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm

If @r0bbie is in then we have 7 644's by now. I'd like to wait a few days (say, 'til monday perhaps) and see if we reach 10 or more, it cuts the price almost in half. Is that OK with you guys? By the rate this is going we probably wont have to wait that long.
einkahumor

Postby rockdude » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:43 pm

einkahumor wrote:If @r0bbie is in then we have 7 644's by now. I'd like to wait a few days (say, 'til monday perhaps) and see if we reach 10 or more, it cuts the price almost in half. Is that OK with you guys? By the rate this is going we probably wont have to wait that long.

Sounds like a good deal! When we've reached 10 or when it's Monday this bulk order is finished. I think 10 is a comfortable amount of MCU's to order at once too for dmitri.
rockdude

Postby r0bbie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Shure, I am in!
Just 10 units ??? I think that if Dmitri sends all megadrum members
a PM or e-mail, a lot more people would be interested in getting the protected chip.
This would bring the costs further down and leave a bit of a profit to pay for Dmitri's time.

Regards,
Rob.
If it ain't broken try to improve it.
r0bbie

Postby einkahumor » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:19 pm

r0bbie wrote:I think that if Dmitri sends all megadrum members a PM or e-mail, a lot more people would be interested in getting the protected chip.
Yup, a bulk e-mail or pm would bring a lot more attention to this and definitely boost order count but of course that's for Dmitri to decide.
einkahumor

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware