Future firmware versions.

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Future firmware versions.

Postby dmitri » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:29 pm

The cheapest way will be the one shown in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1292
I have a few chips as a left over from another order so one chip will cost as shown inhttp://www.megadrum.info/forums/viewt ... 467#p15467
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby T D » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Do you still have any chips left?
T D

Postby dmitri » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:36 am

I have 3 left.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby jjpl2001 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:06 am

:-( I feel like a dumb, I didn't understand the firmware thing untill now I fell sorry about all of these. Do you now how much it cost the shipment to Venezuela (south america)? I did a fast calculation with a local company and only the shipment is 41EUR. if you know another company near to you who can do it cheaper I can transfer the money to you via moneygram, if not.. well, im sorry but its too expensive for me right now. Excuse me for keep asking stupid things i didnt read this post :-)
jjpl2001

Postby dmitri » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:53 am

jjpl2001 wrote::-( I feel like a dumb, I didn't understand the firmware thing untill now I fell sorry about all of these. Do you now how much it cost the shipment to Venezuela (south america)? I did a fast calculation with a local company and only the shipment is 41EUR. if you know another company near to you who can do it cheaper I can transfer the money to you via moneygram, if not.. well, im sorry but its too expensive for me right now. Excuse me for keep asking stupid things i didnt read this post :-)

Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1292
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby kimouette » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:17 am

dmitri wrote:
jjpl2001 wrote::-( I feel like a dumb, I didn't understand the firmware thing untill now I fell sorry about all of these. Do you now how much it cost the shipment to Venezuela (south america)? I did a fast calculation with a local company and only the shipment is 41EUR. if you know another company near to you who can do it cheaper I can transfer the money to you via moneygram, if not.. well, im sorry but its too expensive for me right now. Excuse me for keep asking stupid things i didnt read this post :-)

Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1292

Dmitri do you currently have a ATMEGA32-16PU that you could send?
Or do I need to open a new topic to gather more people?
kimouette

Postby timekeeper » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:26 pm

kimouette wrote:Dmitri do you currently have a ATMEGA32-16PU that you could send?
Or do I need to open a new topic to gather more people?

I have already opened a thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1375
It's for the Atmega644 which is compatible with all the Megadrum versions. So, unless for a reason you want specifically an Atmega32, you can make your order there!
Going on means going far. Going far means returning...
timekeeper

Postby dmitri » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:28 pm

I would not recommend going for Atmega32 any more. As you can see from viewtopic.php?p=16355#p16355 firmware files for Atmega32 and for 32 inputs are not included. It doesn't have enough RAM/EEPROM for new features.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:40 am

A dissapointment for those who have gone surface mount :-(
Aaron

Postby linuxguy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:02 pm

I may be missing something here... but 2 questions:

1. Once someone has a ATMega, programmed with the new Bootloader... couldn't they just copy that atmega to another atmega... and be able to load future firmwares on any Megadrum they put it in... therefore people could still steal your work??

2. Does this apply to the newer SMD version of Megadrum you spoke of sometime ago? Or is this even in development by anybody yet?

It's unfortuneate that third party software that has been made for the megadrum will no longer be able to do the update process, etc.

PS. I think it stinks that whoever did this was able to, and I do support the idea of Encryption, if it really works to protect your work Dimitri. I hope it does.
linuxguy

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware