Future firmware versions.

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Future firmware versions.

Postby fuzzysnuggleduck » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:29 am

Will older firmware versions (non-encrypted) be able to be loaded by the new secure/decrypting bootloader?
fuzzysnuggleduck

Postby dmitri » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:03 am

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:Will older firmware versions (non-encrypted) be able to be loaded by the new secure/decrypting bootloader?

No. You can PM me for a particular old firmware version and I will encrypt it for you.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby nitramnoj » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:43 pm

I can only echo what others have said and say that im disappointed. I dont think I have the DIY skills to swap the chip out and if I ship the megadrum to get the chip swapped out I will be without drums for a week or so, I know a week is not a long time but I have grades coming up and once they are out the way i will have more grade exams coming along.

I understand why encryption is required but as it stands at the moment I will have to stay with my current firmware version and hope that no features I want come out in future encrypted versions.

The greed of one parasitic individual once again affects the masses, not for the first time and probably not the last. Aren't us humans wonderful creatures.
nitramnoj

Postby CyberFly » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:05 am

Can you user your current chip or do you need a new one? If you can use you current chip my idea below might work.

Is it hard/expensive to build a programmer? If not it might be a good idea to program the chips via remote access. This way we don't have to ship the chips.
A program like Team Viewer can be used to grand access to you computer for one session only. It is free for non commercial use and user friendly.
100% DIY!
MegaDrum and a DIY e-kit.
CyberFly

Postby Firelord » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:25 am

CyberFly wrote:Can you user your current chip or do you need a new one? If you can use you current chip my idea below might work.

Is it hard/expensive to build a programmer? If not it might be a good idea to program the chips via remote access. This way we don't have to ship the chips.
A program like Team Viewer can be used to grand access to you computer for one session only. It is free for non commercial use and user friendly.

I'm afraid it is not safe enough.
Firelord

Postby dmitri » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:47 am

Firelord wrote:
CyberFly wrote:Can you user your current chip or do you need a new one? If you can use you current chip my idea below might work.

I'm afraid it is not safe enough.

It is indeed not secure.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby CyberFly » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:55 am

I have a 2.8 synthex kit, can the chip from this kit be used with the new firmware?
Here is a photo of the chips on my board.

If the chip I have now can be re-programmed can I send it to you?
100% DIY!
MegaDrum and a DIY e-kit.
CyberFly

Postby dmitri » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:02 am

CyberFly wrote:I have a 2.8 synthex kit, can the chip from this kit be used with the new firmware?
Here is a photo of the chips on my board.

If the chip I have now can be re-programmed can I send it to you?

Yes, you can send it to me and I will re-program it.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby alchemicus » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Thank's Dmitri, i will do the same of the guy befor my post. i will send my atmega to you to reprogram it.
If you can send in Pm your address and the total amount of paypal charge i will be happy! The new feature with other levels of hit hat is really nice!!!
alchemicus

Postby albano » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Hello everybody

I have a suggestion that i´m not sure that could work (since I haven´t even build or buy my own megadrum yet, I´m probably missing something), the problem is that when a firmware version is hosted in the forum, anybody can download it, now wouldn´t be possible that every owner or diyer who have bought/build a megadrum and are registered in this forum send dmitri his e mail, so when a new firmware comes up, dmitri just send the new firmware version (not encrypted) to all the members that previously gave him their e mails. I don´t know if that helps, I hope you can find a solution to this problem (sorry for my english :oops: )

Good luck
albano

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware