Future firmware versions.

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Future firmware versions.

Postby dmitri » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:23 pm

rockdude wrote:To make things work I would have to:
1. Remove my current MCU from my board.
2. Order a new programmed MCU from you.
3. Solder it into place.

If you soldered it into the board than you can send to me the whole board but the postage will cost slightly more.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby rockdude » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 pm

jman 31 wrote:
rockdude wrote:Wow this really sucks and I hate the person causing all this! I understand you have to do it dmitri, but I'm very sad it had to be like this at the same time.

I'm not even sure I'll have the skills to unsolder my current MCU and replace it with your new one. Will your MCU work with Synthex kits without any extra measures?

To make things work I would have to:
1. Remove my current MCU from my board.
2. Order a new programmed MCU from you.
3. Solder it into place.

After this is done all I have to do is to turn my MegaDrum on and I'm happy to go?

Maybe an in depth tutorial would be good when you have everything ready.

That is why it is essential to use a socket when you use programmable IC's instead of soldering the IC. That way you can easily remove them for reprogramming and changing.

Oh sorry, I think I used a socket btw. I'm using Synthex 3.1 kit. Sometimes I'm just so dumb the earth should collaps on me :oops:

Well, just tell us when you have something ready and I'll order one immediately dmitri.
rockdude

Postby einkahumor » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Just to be sure: This is a process that needs to be done only once per unit, right? Once I have the new encrypted bootloader from you I can install new firmware updates again and again as they come, right?

I just ordered my Synthex kit yesterday! Guess I should have read the forum more carefully before I ordered ;)
einkahumor

Postby dmitri » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:22 pm

einkahumor wrote:Just to be sure: This is a process that needs to be done only once per unit, right? Once I have the new encrypted bootloader from you I can install new firmware updates again and again as they come, right?

Absolutely correct.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dmitri » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:30 pm

rockdude wrote:Well, just tell us when you have something ready and I'll order one immediately dmitri.

It is tested and ready. You can ask for one now. Calculate the total cost as per the first post. The cost of postage to you will depend on a country and if you want it to be sent uninsured or "signed for".
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby einkahumor » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:41 pm

dmitri wrote:It is tested and ready. You can ask for one now. Calculate the total cost as per the first post. The cost of postage to you will depend on a country and if you want it to be sent uninsured or "signed for".

Wouldn't it be best if you could order a few at a time? I'll definitely want one but I'm not really in a hurry (after all, I just ordered my Synthex kit (with Atmega644-20PU) so it'll be at least 2 weeks until I get it and then I'll still have to actually build it) and if waiting a while will get me this thing a little cheaper then I can live with that.
einkahumor

Postby dmitri » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:59 pm

einkahumor wrote:Wouldn't it be best if you could order a few at a time?

This is exactly what I wrote in the first post.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Trommeltotti » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Hey @dmitri,

I'm also not amused what happens and the consequence to this. But we should think positive! For me it makes only sense to use a new encrypted firmware when there are real new efficient features implemented (like the last new positional sensing feature) which I can only use with a new boot-loader from you @dmitri.

So let's looking forwarding! You do some good new stuff and hopefully this ugly guy should not any more successful dispose your idea/stuff with than an older firmware version without leave.

Next days I will write you a PM

Thanks, best regards

Trommeltotti
Trommeltotti

Postby Firelord » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:33 pm

Dmitri, how do you usually ship stuff? That is, what is your preferred method/service? The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to know shipping costs to various countries.
Firelord

Postby dmitri » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:48 pm

I use Royal Mail.
To EU it will cost £2/£6 uninsured/insured.
To US it will cost £3/£7 uninsured/insured.
To Russia (and probably to other CIS countries but I will need to check it) it will cost (strangely) £2/£6 uninsured/insured.
For other countries I will need to check the price individually.
dmitri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware