New analog board schematics?

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

New analog board schematics?

Postby LogiK » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Looks like I've run the gamut of problems with my MegaDrum components (digital, USB and now analog :roll:)! I did figure out what was causing the voltage drop on my MegaDrum: it was due to the analog board and not the USB at all! Since my analog board is a big wire-tangled mess that I'm really not feeling interested in trying to debug, I'm using this problem as an excuse to rebuild using the latest 32-input design with the 74HC4851s. As I don't have the ability to create PCBs (unless someone can suggest a good, simple way of drilling those small holes through the board -- I don't want to buy many extra tools, like a drill press, that I won't use often!), would it be possible to get a schematic of this PCB design? The new design looks a ton cleaner!
LogiK

Re: New analog board schematics?

Postby dmitri » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:12 pm

The schematic is almost the same. You just exclude all BAT85 diodes, replace R1-R16 100 Ohm resistors with wires and replace 4051 with 74HC4851. That's it!
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dmitri » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:46 pm

Here it is anyway
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Synthex » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:27 pm

Yes, the schematic is almost the same.

Since there are only 4 components, it's easy to achieve it with an experimentation PCB.

Or, you can buy an All In One PCB here :
http://www.megadrum.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=108#p1158
;)
Synthex

Postby LogiK » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Great -- thanks!
Of course a pre-made kit would be ideal to getting this working quickly, but that doesn't seem as appealing to me. Trying to figure this stuff out has really been a great learning experience. Creating home-brew electronics is something I've been meaning to do for years but I've never had a good motivator until now. :)
LogiK

Postby Synthex » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:17 pm

LogiK wrote:Great -- thanks!
Of course a pre-made kit would be ideal to getting this working quickly, but that doesn't seem as appealing to me. Trying to figure this stuff out has really been a great learning experience. Creating home-brew electronics is something I've been meaning to do for years but I've never had a good motivator until now. :)

Yes, I know it too ! :P
Good luck !! :)
Synthex

Return to MegaDrum Hardware