Latest MegaDrum firmware version

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Latest MegaDrum firmware version

Postby eloma33 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:03 pm

when I download the last version of firmware in the 1rst page, there is 2 files in the Zip, two for the 56 input.

I found other download, but there is no bin file used with the mdfwupdate or mdfupdategui ? It's only hex, or syx files used with witch software ?

Sorry for my bad english !!! lol

Thanks so lot
eloma33

Postby dmitri » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:33 pm

eloma33 wrote:when I download the last version of firmware in the 1rst page, there is 2 files in the Zip, two for the 56 input.

It also says there:
megadrumppp_nn_yyyymmdd.bin
where
ppp - AVR type. 32 - for Atmega32, 324 - for Atmega324(p), 644 - for Atmega644, 1284 - for Atmega1284
nn - Maximum number of inputs for the firmware.
yyyymmdd - date(version) of the firmware.

This means it will work with any MegaDrum with 56 or less inputs.

I found other download, but there is no bin file used with the mdfwupdate or mdfupdategui ? It's only hex, or syx files used with witch software ?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby eloma33 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:36 pm

thanks for the answer, sorry if my questions are stupid...
eloma33

Postby engmarcos5 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:28 am

Hi, Dmitri.

I am from Brazil, I am new in the forum and, I entered because a Drummer friend asked for so that he build one module fellow creature to the Megadrum. I am studying the possibility to build it.
This friend already uses a module of battery Alesis DM5, much limited in terms of resources and, he intends, he will be possible, to change for Megadrum of 32 inputs.

I could observe that you placed a protection so that, people with other intentions, do not make since beautiful project, a way to gain money whithout you permission.

Thus, it would like to know as I make to acquire one or two kits of MCUs programmed for this end?

This my friend has account in the PayPal, what I find that goes to facilitate.

Since already I thank the attention.
engmarcos5

Postby dmitri » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:52 pm

engmarcos5 wrote:Thus, it would like to know as I make to acquire one or two kits of MCUs programmed for this end?

search.php?keywords=Atmega+bulk+order&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
viewtopic.php?p=18057#p18057
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby r0bbie » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:48 pm

r0bbie wrote:Thank you for the reply Dmitri,
I have changed a few things, like new firmware for pic and Atmega,new USB connector and cable, plus an extended display + keyboard, inspired by the latest treads in the Megadrum gallery with the Nintendo controller.

First thing I noticed after the changes and firmware update was that, first lcd contrast was not right, so I adjust, save changes, set auto load to yes, cycle power, and have to adjust contrast again!!! After repeating this 3 more times it was finaly stored. Then I came to MaxInputs setting, I became more aware that something was not working right.

The conclusion up til now is that, storing various settings in non-volitile memory is not consistand, using the keyboard or MDM.

I wil revert hardware changes I have made and try to find what is causing this problem and wil report.

Regards,
Rob

Hi Dmitri,

I have reverted all changes exept the new USB connector, still have the problem saving to non-volitile memory.

I have checked the voltage and it is 4,75 Volts at the PCB, shouldn't be a problem.

I have put in my old "non encrypted bootloader" Atmega and have kind of the same promlem,for instance;

-power up MD
-change contrast to the lowest visable setting
-save changes to slot 1
-make sure Autoload Conf =Yes
-cycle power
Contrast is not the same as saved.

but other changes I have made like Altencoders or ChainID and more are still correct.

I am puzzled what could be causing this?

Hope you can help.

Regards,
Rob
If it ain't broken try to improve it.
r0bbie

Postby dmitri » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Do you wait for the menu to exit? The contrast, AutoLoadConf, MaxInputs are saved only upon the exit from the menu.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby r0bbie » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:08 pm

dmitri wrote:Do you wait for the menu to exit? The contrast, AutoLoadConf, MaxInputs are saved only upon the exit from the menu.

No I didn't, thanks, so everything works fine with my old Atmega.

I was expecting that Maxinputs was saved with saveConfig.

Im confused now and will check everything again.

Thanks,
Rob
r0bbie

Postby r0bbie » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Dmitri,

You wrote; The contrast, AutoLoadConf, MaxInputs are saved only upon the exit from the menu.
Shouldn't MIDI Speed be also on your list?

I know I don't like reading manuals so it could be me, but, is this fact about "saved only upon the exit from the menu" that I found out the hard way documented somewhere?

End of the line is, it seems that everything works fine after soft/hardware changes I have made, I was confused by the fact that the first changes I made in config like contrast, Maxinputs and MIDI speed where not saved with Save config.

Regards,
Rob
r0bbie

Postby dmitri » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:28 pm

r0bbie wrote:I know I don't like reading manuals so it could be me, but, is this fact about "saved only upon the exit from the menu" that I found out the hard way documented somewhere?

It is mentioned for some settings in http://www.megadrum.info/content/miscellaneous-settings but I probably should list explicitly those settings which I saved only only upon the exit from the menu?
dmitri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware