Latest MegaDrum firmware version

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Latest MegaDrum firmware version

Postby gusgomez » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 pm

anybody ?
gusgomez

Postby dmitri » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:00 pm

gusgomez wrote:ok success !!!! finally thank you for your patience , I'm using Roland RT series triggers any issues with that

Ok, we were on this for 5 pages. It looks like the problem was the hard one. So, for the sake of other new MegaDrum users, can you please advise what the problem was?
Is it incorrect upgrade instructions in MDMFX? If so, please advise how to correct these instructions.
Is it an incorrect description of firmware file in the first post? If so, please advise hot to correct this description.
And also, please advise how you solved the ""Error trying to open MIDI Out Port" problem without closing any other MIDI software.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dmitri » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:02 pm

gusgomez wrote:MDMFX is very susceptible to other midi software it seems

MDMFX is not susceptible to other midi software. Windows doesn't allow multiple applications to open the same MIDI ports.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dmitri » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:03 pm

gusgomez wrote:Any issues on Roland RT series triggers I should be aware of

If you have issues with Roland RT triggers, please create a separate topic describing what the problem is. This topic is for "Latest MegaDrum firmware version".
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby gusgomez » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:48 pm

ok I'm going to try and describe my experience downloading firmware update for my ARM STM32 based megadrum midi box
I made a lot of mistakes interpreting the instructions I think it should be simpler step by step on to how to do it right
here's what I did
the first problem I encounter and this may not be a problem with other people who are midi experts , when you go to the download page there wasn't a clear tab that said what the firmware version is you looking at since there are 3 or 4 different versions of the same firmware and if you don't know what version your hardware is it's a bit difficult to find the right firmware to download
once I downloaded the update and launch the MDMFX software and you follow the instructions I couldn't select the right midi ports and it was do to another midi software I had installed in my PC although it was not open it prevented MDMFX to assign midi ports to continue the installation , I had to uninstalled the Copperland midi over lan software in order to assign midi ports in and out to install the update it was very frustrating but once I did that I was able to finish the install satisfactorily , for someone just coming into this is hard , I'm not a drummer nor a musician at all I run a studio and don't know much about midi so if there's a way to simplify the steps to do this it will help a lot, I think if you place each firmware version separate in it's own folder for people to access it it would be a lot better with the proper description I don't know if my explanation is clear or not please let me know
gusgomez

Postby dmitri » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:00 pm

gusgomez wrote:ok I'm going to try and describe my experience downloading firmware update for my ARM STM32 based megadrum midi box
I made a lot of mistakes interpreting the instructions I think it should be simpler step by step on to how to do it right
here's what I did
the first problem I encounter and this may not be a problem with other people who are midi experts , when you go to the download page there wasn't a clear tab that said what the firmware version is you looking at since there are 3 or 4 different versions of the same firmware and if you don't know what version your hardware is it's a bit difficult to find the right firmware to download
once I downloaded the update and launch the MDMFX software and you follow the instructions I couldn't select the right midi ports and it was do to another midi software I had installed in my PC although it was not open it prevented MDMFX to assign midi ports to continue the installation , I had to uninstalled the Copperland midi over lan software in order to assign midi ports in and out to install the update it was very frustrating but once I did that I was able to finish the install satisfactorily , for someone just coming into this is hard , I'm not a drummer nor a musician at all I run a studio and don't know much about midi so if there's a way to simplify the steps to do this it will help a lot,

Since you've just been through this and you still remember all of this, can you please suggest a bullet-proof step-by-step instruction for the firmware upgrade? I will make your instruction a Sticky post and will put it into FAQ post.

I think if you place each firmware version separate in it's own folder for people to access it it would be a lot better with the proper description I don't know if my explanation is clear or not please let me know

Files used to be separate but users complained about it and advised me to put them all into one file.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lrizzo2001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:13 pm

so I'm on a new 56 input module that Dmitri built for me, I just upgraded the firmware yesterday. Now I'm finding that my previously saved presets are not loading properly. I had a preset saved for a Roland HH controller, now when I load it in, the settings are Nothing close to what I had. It's set to Pot instead of controller, the midi notes are all over the place, the chick thresholds are all wrong etc. Anybody else seeing this? I even had to Re-Tweak All my pad settings because the rims weren't triggering well again.
lrizzo2001

Postby lrizzo2001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Is nobody else having this issue?
lrizzo2001

Postby Stephen Spurlock » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:59 am

I am trying to update the Firmware. I have updated MegaDrumManagerFx (20180222) and I have a MegaDrum STM32F205RCT6. I downloaded the firmware. I connected to MegaDrumManagerFX and I got all three 3 green lights. The sysex is Ok. I then click on "Main" at the top and click on "Firmware Upgrade" and the "Open" button doesn't work. I click it and it outlined with blue but never opens a new window to pick the new firmware. I located the file in on my computer and typed in the address (Desktop/megadrumSTM32d_56_2018012.bin) and that worked!. I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but this is my workaround.

I have a MacBook Pro 13-inch 2016 with TouchBar and I am running macOS 10.13.3.
Stephen Spurlock

Postby JoeBaermann » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:38 am

Getting CRC errors with the last 2 firmware updates for STM32d, file is damaged?

EDIT
nvm, works now after 10th retry, no idea why it bugged the other 9 times
JoeBaermann

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware