Latest MegaDrum firmware version

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Latest MegaDrum firmware version

Postby quiquerulo » Thu May 12, 2011 8:45 pm

I need the program the Mega32 microcontroller. "From where I can download?
quiquerulo

Postby dmitri » Thu May 12, 2011 10:03 pm

From here.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dmitri » Thu May 12, 2011 10:06 pm

timekeeper wrote:From your experience, what would be the right behavior on behalf of Megadrum? Should it keep the changes made in Aux inputs (since being applied to all other input and still persisting after a full power off circle testifies that some changes took place) ?

Sorry, either I don't get both questions or you don't understand what the 'AutoLoad Config' setting does.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby r0bbie » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi Dmitri,

Could it be that with version 20110602 MaxInputs is not stored in EEprom memory?
changes I have made are loaded after power cycle, exept MaxInputs keeps reverting to 18.

Autoload Conf. is set to Yes, Save Config is after changes done to slot 1.

I'm using Atmega 644 20MHz on a 32 inputs Synthex 2.8

Thanks for your time.
Regards,

Rob
If it ain't broken try to improve it.
r0bbie

Postby dmitri » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Are you sure? I just tested it and couldn't reproduce it.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby r0bbie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Thank you for the reply Dmitri,
I have changed a few things, like new firmware for pic and Atmega,new USB connector and cable, plus an extended display + keyboard, inspired by the latest treads in the Megadrum gallery with the Nintendo controller.

First thing I noticed after the changes and firmware update was that, first lcd contrast was not right, so I adjust, save changes, set auto load to yes, cycle power, and have to adjust contrast again!!! After repeating this 3 more times it was finaly stored. Then I came to MaxInputs setting, I became more aware that something was not working right.

The conclusion up til now is that, storing various settings in non-volitile memory is not consistand, using the keyboard or MDM.

I wil revert hardware changes I have made and try to find what is causing this problem and wil report.

Regards,
Rob
If it ain't broken try to improve it.
r0bbie

Postby Ramsh » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 pm

I also got a problem with the last two versions. After I updated the firmware it shows 24mhz, but it is 20mhz? If I open the midi port in the manager it doesn't show the firmware version.
The first bar don't know which input it is is always on max on the lcd. It shows the strokes on the other inputs but battery doesn't trigger anymore. I set altencoders to yes and midi channel is still 10.
Ramsh

Postby dmitri » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Ramsh wrote:I also got a problem with the last two versions. After I updated the firmware it shows 24mhz, but it is 20mhz?

It may show incorrect frequency after the first reboot after an upgrade. After another power cycle it should show correct frequency.
If it doesn't, create a new topic describing a problem and I will address it there.

If I open the midi port in the manager it doesn't show the firmware version.
The first bar don't know which input it is is always on max on the lcd. It shows the strokes on the other inputs but battery doesn't trigger anymore. I set altencoders to yes and midi channel is still 10.

If frequency is not detected correctly, MIDI communication won't work.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby eloma33 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi Dimitri,

I make the synthex megadrum 2.5 version 32 input, with Atmega644-20PU (Bootloader I suppose ?) and PIC18F2550.

Where can i find the firmware version for Atmega and PIC ?

Thanks for your works

Best Regards.

Eloma33
eloma33

Postby dmitri » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:42 pm

eloma33 wrote:Hi Dimitri,

I make the synthex megadrum 2.5 version 32 input, with Atmega644-20PU (Bootloader I suppose ?) and PIC18F2550.

Where can i find the firmware version for Atmega and PIC ?

You are asking where to download the Atmega firmware in "Latest MegaDrum firmware version" topic. Did you look at the first post in the topic?
dmitri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware