A few noob questions...

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: A few noob questions...

Postby ignotus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:00 pm

dmitri wrote:Also, it appears your pad sends very strong signal. If all your pads are as hot as this one I would recommend you to replace 4k7 R9-R16 resistors with 3k3 or even 2k2 resistors.
Synthex wrote:Or add pot on pad output.

Yes, maybe a little trimmer in each pad would be easier than butchering my crowded PCB. I'd like to try a few more values maybe. Any recommendations?
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby ignotus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:04 pm

Sorry, a trimmer FOR each pad.
ignotus

Postby dmitri » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:08 pm

ignotus wrote:The pot has improved things a great deal! I've playing around with it; full open for a 47k pot (I don't have any other values) and here are some more rolls. Much better I think...See what you think. I'm no drumroll expert either!

Yes, it's much better! Do still think the level variations are due to MegaDrum or due to your hit strength variations?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby ignotus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:14 pm

dmitri wrote:Yes, it's much better! Do still think the level variations are due to MegaDrum or due to your hit strength variations?
Hmmm... I'm not an expert, but those rolls would sound more even on a real snare - it kind of snaps up and down sometimes with mid-strength rolls. But I'm sure I can do more tweaking with the added pot, with even better results. I have to go shortly - thanks a million for the support and suggestions :D
I won't be able to get back to this till monday, but by then I should have more news.

Cheers!
ignotus

Postby ignotus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:34 pm

HI!

I've been swamped in work lately...
...but I've also found some time to mess around with different setups... and I must say things have improved loads. I think I'm definitely going to have to include pots for my inputs; being DIY, each pad is slightly different, and this really gives me complete control over each one. But, thanks to Dmitri's patience and support the other day I think I can say it's all set and ready to put in a box (still have to wait for some parts). I've been trying it out using Hydrogen in Ubuntu... :shock: it performs brilliantly!

Thanks again ;)
ignotus

Postby dmitri » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:55 pm

I'm glad you're getting there. Keep us posted about your experience and ... spread the word about MegaDrum!:) Keep in mind, I still have a lot of things I'm working on/will work on which will further improve MegaDrum.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby ignotus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:24 pm

I still have to try out your new firmware (I'll do so tonight), and anyway, I'm sure that with more feedback and in time this will get better and better.
dmitri wrote:Keep us posted about your experience and ... spread the word about MegaDrum!:)

As soon as I figure out how to record the sounds I'll post some .wav's or mp3's as a taster if anyone wants them. As to spreading the word... I'm always ranting on about this and 99% of people around me think I'm a freak :lol: but, yeah, I spread the word to anyone who'll listen... ;)

Cheers!
ignotus

Previous

Return to MegaDrum Hardware