Is there a Master reset function?

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Is there a Master reset function?

Postby Bluebass » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:24 am

Hi All,

Got the 22 input 16 MHz version built - firmware loaded. At first power up, I got Channel 06 then was able to scroll to find the Megadrum.info splash screen - Yea. Then all other correct screens. After claiming success and powering down for the night, came back next day to Channel 21 "Aux 2R" and cannot scroll past this channel. I can get all of the parameters for this one channel, but no other channel nor screens, like MIDI Speed or Save Config etc.

[b]Is there a master reset procedure?[/b] Is there something obvious I'm missing? Almost discouraged. Bluebass
Bluebass

Re: Is there a Master reset function?

Postby dmitri » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:29 am

Bluebass wrote:Hi All,

Got the 22 input 16 MHz version built - firmware loaded. At first power up, I got Channel 06 then was able to scroll to find the Megadrum.info splash screen - Yea. Then all other correct screens. After claiming success and powering down for the night, came back next day to Channel 21 "Aux 2R" and cannot scroll past this channel. I can get all of the parameters for this one channel, but no other channel nor screens, like MIDI Speed or Save Config etc.

[b]Is there a master reset procedure?[/b] Is there something obvious I'm missing? Almost discouraged. Bluebass

I guess you don't have HiHat pedal connected. Without the pedal connected MegaDrum thinks that it is pressed all the time. When the pedal is pressed and while in the menu MegaDrum uses "quick jump function" that is hitting a pad it jumps to that pad in the menu. If threshold for a pad/several pads is set too low MegaDrum might register erroneous hits and as a result jump to that/these pads in the menu. As a workaround until you connect a HiHat padal, pull it's input to +5 via 330 Ohm - 1k resistor.
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: Is there a Master reset function?

Postby dmitri » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:33 am

And also, yes, there is "Master reset function" - holding Right key pressed while powering up will load default settings.
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to MegaDrum Hardware