Has anyone bought any of the Lemon brand e-cymbals?

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Has anyone bought any of the Lemon brand e-cymbals?

Postby glenn.szymanski » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:29 pm

I just bought an 18" 3 zone ride off alibaba. The cymbal itself is only like $70, but shipping was around $35. Will take 2 months to get here. lol

I saw a review on youtube saying that it's not perfect, but for the price it's very good.

It does have 2 outputs jacks. One for bow/edge and another for bell. Wondering how that will end up working with megadrum module.
Megadrum ARM32, Roland PD-120, Yamaha PCY155, Alesis Control Pad, Korg Wavedrum, Yamaha VL1-m, MacBook Pro, Muse Receptor Quattro
glenn.szymanski

Re: Has anyone bought any of the Lemon brand e-cymbals?

Postby dmitri » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:59 am

You will have to configure it as 3way Roland cymbal, i.e. using two adjacent jacks.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby glenn.szymanski » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:21 pm

Does that mean I use 2 stereo (TRS) cables or 1 stereo (TRS) cable and 1 mono cable?
Megadrum ARM32, Roland PD-120, Yamaha PCY155, Alesis Control Pad, Korg Wavedrum, Yamaha VL1-m, MacBook Pro, Muse Receptor Quattro
glenn.szymanski

Postby dmitri » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:57 pm

You use two stereo cables.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby causticveritas » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:09 pm

Hello, how did this work out for you? i'm thinking of trying one of these on my kit.
causticveritas

Postby glenn.szymanski » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:52 pm

causticveritas wrote:Hello, how did this work out for you? i'm thinking of trying one of these on my kit.

I bought it, it was only like $70 on alibaba, but $30 for the cheapest shipping option. It took over a month to arrive. It feels very nice. I've been playing on it. It produces a slightly louder "ding/thud" than my Yamaha PCY cymbals. But I haven't actually hooked it up to the Megadrum yet. I bought my Megadrum off ebay back in 2015 and the inputs were never labeled. It also came in a cheap plastic case. I'm in the process of moving it to a nice metal rack and rewiring all the inputs so that I actually know which are which.

I'll report once I actually trigger some sounds with it. There are some youtube reviews of the Lemon 18" ride
glenn.szymanski

Return to MegaDrum Hardware