Please help me setup, im having a lot of issues.

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Please help me setup, im having a lot of issues.

Postby lostboy » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:14 pm

dmitri wrote:
dmitri wrote:What do you mean my "register through the midi"? No sound in the drum synth app or no MIDI messages in the MDMFX MIDI Log?

What about above?

it seems to register the hit on the log, but no sound through ssd. If i run it through my td-3 same cymbal and cable, it works flawlessly.
lostboy

Postby dmitri » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:23 pm

1. MegaDrum provides 2 MIDI interfaces over USB (2 MIDI In and 2 MIDI out). Make sure that you use MDMFX with one MIDI In/Out pair and make sure your drum synth app uses another MegaDrum MIDI - i.e. not using both MIDI interfaces.
2. Post the MDMFX MIDI Log when it registered a hit in it but not in your drum synth app.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lostboy » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:02 pm

dmitri wrote:1. MegaDrum provides 2 MIDI interfaces over USB (2 MIDI In and 2 MIDI out). Make sure that you use MDMFX with one MIDI In/Out pair and make sure your drum synth app uses another MegaDrum MIDI - i.e. not using both MIDI interfaces.
2. Post the MDMFX MIDI Log when it registered a hit in it but not in your drum synth app.

I will check tonight. That makes sense as to why I might be having issues.
lostboy

Postby Renzback » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:28 am

You need to check the MIDI visual log on MDM first and make sure the right note is sent on the right MIDI channel. For the record, it took me more than an hour to find out I accidentally changed the channel for the kick trigger. BFD received the note but no sound… then I eventually found out MegaDrum was sending that note on channel 11 instead of 10… after several reboots and a growing headache! duh…
Renzback

Previous

Return to MegaDrum Hardware