airflamesred megadrum adventure

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

airflamesred megadrum adventure

Postby airflamesred » Sun May 13, 2012 11:34 am

Still at the planning stage with this but I thought I'd share incase I have overlooked anything so far. So Koby nanos and micros through megadrum and onto midi units. It may seem a little large but the footprint is no larger than my current setup and once you take out the 2 octaves of ????? (piano, marimba or whatever) its not that big.
As far as the megadrum is concerned I propose to wire 50 mono sockets and the hi hat. Hopefully there should be enough room on the back of a 2u case. Although this is extra work, its going to be easier to set up and take down and a bit more logical than a 2 zone setup. I think this is possible?
The rack, I can customise to suit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Re: airflamesred megadrum adventure

Postby airflamesred » Sun May 13, 2012 11:50 am

I don't really want to spend a fortune on a rack clamp for each pad so I'm thinking I can cluster them on a metal bracket. Crosstalk would be my concern though I'm hoping the megadrum software will allow me to group somehow.
Feel free to comment

thanks, Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby airflamesred » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:17 pm

After purchasing the entire, British, mono jack sockets supply, I put on a Mahler's symphony no 6 and set about this. Not quite finished yet but so far so good. Case from 'Canford' @ £25 on special offer - ideal for this project. Sockets from 'Rapid on line'.

Very straight forward thanks to Dmitris instuctions here. Only issue was having to hard wire (so to speak) the usb, which just meant cutting a slot for the lead to be trapped.

Well done Dmitri - this is a really good product.

airflamesred

Postby airflamesred » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 pm

A bit of an after thought with these. Found them on ebay.

airflamesred

Postby everson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:21 pm

Wow, looks great!
My Videos
My kit: 6 DIY pads, CY5, PCY135, Hall sensor hihat, krigg - kick pedal trigger, megadrum
everson

Postby airflamesred » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Thanks, As I say a bit of an after thought. I think I would have set out the front panel differently but it looks OK. Pads arrive next week and then the fun starts!

airflamesred

Postby everson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:50 am

You know you`ll HAVE to make a video, right? :D
We`re waiting for it ;)
My Videos
My kit: 6 DIY pads, CY5, PCY135, Hall sensor hihat, krigg - kick pedal trigger, megadrum
everson

Postby airflamesred » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:18 pm

I'd love to everson but I suspect I may be leaving myself open to a barrel of abuse on youtube. We shall see.

Anyway, this is the prototype for the pedals. It's not solid enough so another design will replace this. This will not be used for speed bass but is more likely a shaker or tamborine. The eventual move to p.c - probably kontakt, could, with Bnote give 4 samples.

airflamesred

Postby chuckytuh » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Those are looking goooooooooooooooood! :D Can't wait to see it all done ^^
chuckytuh

Postby airflamesred » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:37 pm

The MK2 version. Much more stable

airflamesred

Next

Return to Off topic