Im stuck!

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Im stuck!

Postby porky » Sun May 14, 2017 2:59 pm

airflamesred wrote:OK, well I'm fairly sure that this is to do with the piezo not picking up enough. I can't really offer anymore I'm afraid with regards to tensionon head etc. One more thing though, for dual zone change the type from single piezo (bottom of the pads)
If I remember correctly that is where the yellow unknown may originate. If there is another note 38 there, then that maybe what is displaying.

From single piezo to which option?
porky

Postby dmitri » Sun May 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Is this a dual zone pad?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby porky » Wed May 17, 2017 7:36 am

dmitri wrote:Is this a dual zone pad?

Yes
porky

Postby dmitri » Wed May 17, 2017 8:59 am

Then you change it from a 'Single Piezo' to a 'Dual or 3way Yamaha'.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby porky » Mon May 29, 2017 4:23 pm

dmitri wrote:Then you change it from a 'Single Piezo' to a 'Dual or 3way Yamaha'.

Anything else i could do to help?
porky

Postby ignotus » Mon May 29, 2017 4:55 pm

Your threshold looks too high and your highlevel looks way too low. Under 200 with gain set at 8 just can't be right - and if that's the case then your triggers are either faulty or as cold as ice. I'd go back to factory defaults (boot with right button pressed or with AutoloadConf set to 'no') because I see you've also fiddled with latency and scan time without really knowing what you're doing. Are you following a procedure or just randomly trying things?

Here's a quick mesh pad setup guide I wrote some time ago - it should get you going, and if it doesn't tell us what exactly happens once you've completed it (making sure to send/save properly). It assumes you've set the pad notes and zones appropriately (a note for each zone and if dual set as dual or yamaha 3 way):

1.- Set HighLevel Auto to 'yes' and whack the pad hard 10 times. Look at the number you get in 'HighLevel'. If it's between 500 and 1000 move to step 2. If it's below 500, raise gain and repeat the process. If it's above 1000, reduce gain and repeat the process. Ideally it should be around 800-900 but if it's at around 500 it's still fine.

2.- Reduce Threshold until the pad starts auto-triggering. Raise it by 2.

3.- Set Retrigger to 1 and Dyntime and Dynlevel to 0. You'll probably get loads of double triggers. Raise Dyntime to 24 and then raise Dynlevel one number at a time until double triggers go away. Don't go higher than 4 or 5 (I find it starts missing hits if higher than 5, YMMV). If you still get double triggering start raising Retrigger until they go away.
The pad should now be triggering fairly decently. Fine-tuning involves tweaking the above parameters, there's not much else to it apart from choosing a curve that suits the dynamics you want.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby porky » Mon May 29, 2017 6:09 pm

ignotus wrote:Your threshold looks too high and your highlevel looks way too low. Under 200 with gain set at 8 just can't be right - and if that's the case then your triggers are either faulty or as cold as ice. I'd go back to factory defaults (boot with right button pressed or with AutoloadConf set to 'no') because I see you've also fiddled with latency and scan time without really knowing what you're doing. Are you following a procedure or just randomly trying things?

Here's a quick mesh pad setup guide I wrote some time ago - it should get you going, and if it doesn't tell us what exactly happens once you've completed it (making sure to send/save properly). It assumes you've set the pad notes and zones appropriately (a note for each zone and if dual set as dual or yamaha 3 way):

1.- Set HighLevel Auto to 'yes' and whack the pad hard 10 times. Look at the number you get in 'HighLevel'. If it's between 500 and 1000 move to step 2. If it's below 500, raise gain and repeat the process. If it's above 1000, reduce gain and repeat the process. Ideally it should be around 800-900 but if it's at around 500 it's still fine.

3.- Set Retrigger to 1 and Dyntime and Dynlevel to 0. You'll probably get loads of double triggers. Raise Dyntime to 24 and then raise Dynlevel one number at a time until double triggers go away. Don't go higher than 4 or 5 (I find it starts missing hits if higher than 5, YMMV). If you still get double triggering start raising Retrigger until they go away.
The pad should now be triggering fairly decently. Fine-tuning involves tweaking the above parameters, there's not much else to it apart from choosing a curve that suits the dynamics you want.

I have resetted the module, but i can't get the high level auto to change the high level value at all, and now the module registers my on head hits as unknown midi signals
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
porky

Postby porky » Mon May 29, 2017 6:10 pm

ignotus wrote:Your threshold looks too high and your highlevel looks way too low. Under 200 with gain set at 8 just can't be right - and if that's the case then your triggers are either faulty or as cold as ice. I'd go back to factory defaults (boot with right button pressed or with AutoloadConf set to 'no') because I see you've also fiddled with latency and scan time without really knowing what you're doing. Are you following a procedure or just randomly trying things?

Pt 2 of picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
porky

Postby airflamesred » Mon May 29, 2017 6:47 pm

You need to set a note, the snare you are showing is disabled. Once you have set a note press send all. If the the interface has a blue font it is different from yout MD.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby porky » Tue May 30, 2017 3:35 am

I've assigned a note to the snare zones

However, Highlevel auto only works for Rim/Edge, doesn't change the Highlevel for Head/Bow, which is constantly stuck at 64. I am definitely using a stereo cable. So this is confusing..
porky

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software