Complete 56 inputs MegaDrum module for sale

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Complete 56 inputs MegaDrum module for sale

Postby dmitri » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:10 pm

I have built a 56 inputs MegaDrum module in a rack case and it is up for grabs.
It looks exactly like the one I built before:

I offer it here for 200GBP (British Pounds) plus delivery. Delivery in the UK - £15, to EU - £20, to the US - £25.
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: Complete 56 inputs MegaDrum module for sale

Postby cgrieves » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:39 pm

I've just stumbled on this site- I've got a Roland TD-10 kit and need more inputs for BFD2.

I only need triggering to BFD2 under ProTools, the TD-10 brain isn't used for sounds at all. I'll just scoot off and read the FAQ's but if this unit will replace my TD-10 brain then consider it sold.
cgrieves

Postby cgrieves » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:35 am

Ok I've been through the FAQs, just a couple of things I think are OK but need to verify:

1) My Roland FD-7 hihat pedal will work fine with this, right?
2) The trigger inputs are all dual-zone inputs, so I assume I can just plug Roland piezo/piezo and piezo/switch pads in without using any cable splitters?
3) Internally, are the jack connectors wired using individual cables or a ribbon cable? Useful to know in case I need to make any changes in the future.

Is the latency between the megadrum and a host PC better using a USB MIDI device compared to a 5-pin serial MIDI cable, or is there no difference? I only ask because the serial MIDI is the only real source of trigger-to-playback latency in my setup.

If I can verify those things, I'd like to buy the unit if it's still available....
cgrieves

Postby dmitri » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:17 pm

cgrieves wrote:Ok I've been through the FAQs, just a couple of things I think are OK but need to verify:

1) My Roland FD-7 hihat pedal will work fine with this, right?

If it is similar to FD-8 then it should work fine. search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&keywords=fd8

2) The trigger inputs are all dual-zone inputs, so I assume I can just plug Roland piezo/piezo and piezo/switch pads in without using any cable splitters?

All inputs, except Pedal and Kick inputs, are stereo and all of them will work with dual zone piezo/piezo, piezo/switch pads and 3 zone piezo/switch/switch cymbals (both Roland and Yamaha types 3 zone cymbals) without any cable splitters.

3) Internally, are the jack connectors wired using individual cables or a ribbon cable? Useful to know in case I need to make any changes in the future.

Ribbon cables.

Is the latency between the megadrum and a host PC better using a USB MIDI device compared to a 5-pin serial MIDI cable, or is there no difference? I only ask because the serial MIDI is the only real source of trigger-to-playback latency in my setup.

The latency using a USB or a standard MIDI is about the same - ~4ms, but may vary a bit depending on the settings.

If I can verify those things, I'd like to buy the unit if it's still available....

The one in the pictures is long gone but I can always build another exactly like this one upon a request.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby cgrieves » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Thanks for the answers, it's a shame it's sold!

I suppose I could build one, I'm good with a soldering iron, it's more the time that's the problem.... how much would you charge to build another, and roughly how long do you think it would take?
cgrieves

Postby dmitri » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:17 pm

cgrieves wrote:Thanks for the answers, it's a shame it's sold!

Actually I've a built and sold quite a few of them. People usually just send me a PM rather asking in this topic.

I suppose I could build one, I'm good with a soldering iron, it's more the time that's the problem.... how much would you charge to build another, and roughly how long do you think it would take?

It takes me no more than a week to build and send a module. The price is the same as shown in the first post - £200 plus delivery.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby cgrieves » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Sounds good to me, I'll PM for more details.

I've had a nose around the site, and what you've achieved is very impressive. I couldn't see Roland, Yamaha or DDrum receiving a request for functionality and adding to the firmware in a matter of days!
cgrieves

Postby dmitri » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Just to let everyone know that at the moment I can build these modules in grey rack cases only (which apart from colour are exactly the same as black cases) since black cases are not available at the moment from a source I get them from.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby smithyondrums » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:35 pm

hi i would like to buy a 56 input megadrum
smithyondrums

Postby dmitri » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:14 pm

dmitri
Site Admin

Next

Return to MegaDrum Hardware