new user of MegaDrum Lite and interfacing sensor

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

new user of MegaDrum Lite and interfacing sensor

Postby vincenet » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:34 am

Hello to everybody,

I am new user of the megadrum lite.

I try to connect my first pad (a Roland one) using ground (pin 15) and the Kick input (pin 37).

Before connecting I can see the signal with scope but when connected, I cannot see anymore pulse when playing with the pad.

No event appear on lcd when playing with the pad. Please find attached a screenshot of my current config.

Can you tell me if something is not usual ?

My megaDrumManager is not reliable. I would like to flash the firmware. As the chip is STM32F205RCT6 I should flash with STM32d however when entering in update mode LCD display STM32e. Which one should I use ?

Last question is, can I wire pull up resistor and npn transistor on the input to interface with sensor circuit IC ?

Regards,

Vincent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vincenet

Re: new user of MegaDrum Lite and interfacing sensor

Postby dmitri » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:45 pm

vincenet wrote:Hello to everybody,

I am new user of the megadrum lite.

I try to connect my first pad (a Roland one) using ground (pin 15) and the Kick input (pin 37).

Before connecting I can see the signal with scope but when connected, I cannot see anymore pulse when playing with the pad.

No event appear on lcd when playing with the pad. Please find attached a screenshot of my current config.

Can you tell me if something is not usual ?

Take a photo showing how you connected it to the kit. My guess is that you connected it to pin 38 instead of pin 37.

My megaDrumManager is not reliable. I would like to flash the firmware. As the chip is STM32F205RCT6 I should flash with STM32d however when entering in update mode LCD display STM32e. Which one should I use ?

As per the quote from where you downloaded it:
All firmware files in the archive after version 20110410 have the following naming scheme:
megadrumppp_nn_yyyymmdd.bin
where
ppp - MCU type. STM32a - for STM32F103RBT6, STM32b - for STM32F103RCT6, STM32d - for STM32F205RCT6, STM32e - for STM32F205LITE, 644 - for Atmega644, 1284 - for Atmega1284
nn - Maximum number of inputs for the firmware.
yyyymmdd - date(version) of the firmware.

you must use STM32e.

Last question is, can I wire pull up resistor and npn transistor on the input to interface with sensor circuit IC ?

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do why you need an npn transitor.
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to MegaDrum Hardware