strange problem with the new atmega644

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

strange problem with the new atmega644

Postby alchemicus » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Hello, i have strange problem with the new atmega 644 and 20 mhz crystal on my synthex kit 2.8
Not every time i power up megadrum with USB, my macbook with logic 9 doesnt receive any midi message.
The Vu meter are flat, and the midi led doesn't blink.
Only the Hihat pedal work (only on megadrum display)
But (i realize this because i was angry and i started to hit hard and fast my pads :mrgreen: ) after i hit all (or most of) of my pads it starts to send midi message.
If i reload config ( i set "autoload config" yes) all works fine.
:)
but i can play anyway!
alchemicus

Re: strange problem with the new atmega644

Postby dmitri » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:16 pm

1. You set AutoLoad Conf to No. Then, after you power off and then on, it doesn't respond to hits on any pad.

2. You set AutoLoad Conf to Yes. Then, after you power off and then on, it responds to hits on any pad normally.

Do I understand it right?

Please, remember (from the Miscellaneous settings Documentation):
Code: Select all
<AutoLoad Conf >
<          No  >

When set to Yes, MegaDrum will automatically load last saved/loaded config and drum map upon powering up. When you change this setting between Yes and No the setting is only saved in no-volatile (EEPROM) memory when you exit the Menu. So, as a consequence, if you change it and switch MegaDrum off straight away to test it without exiting the Menu, it will revert to a previous state before the change.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby alchemicus » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:44 pm

No, maybe my english is really bad!!!

:mrgreen:

SO:
-i did my settings for all pad and saved on slot 1.
-Autoload config is Yes
-sometimes i power on and all works fine (at power on it loads slot1 settings?)
-sometimes i power on and no midi blink (same for vumeter) except hihat pedal. if i start to hit hard my pads it starts (slow slow) to send all midi signal to logic until all works fine, and sometimes is enough to reload settings from slot1 to resolve the problem.
Again, it is random, not all times i power on megadrum.

I think maybe is some problem with the autoload settings?
alchemicus

Postby dmitri » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:00 pm

I have a suspicion some incorrect setting crept in probably due to an incorrect initial autoconfiguration and subsequent manual configuration and saving the resulting configuration into EEPROM which gets loaded with AutloaLoad Conf.
I would suggest:
1. Go through all settings and disable all autoconfiguration settings on the pedal and all pads - LevelsAuto, HighLevelAuto - and then saving resulting configuration.
2. If you still having problems, start MegaDrum loading default settings, and configure it from the start again and saving the resulting configuration.

Don't use MCT to configure MegaDrum with latest firmware versions - it can cause all sorts of problems.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby alchemicus » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:52 pm

ok i will try these tricks.
MCT on logic was an utopia!
:D thank you very much!!
Just another question:
Is there a way (maybe with a windows computer based) to export from megadrum a txt file with all settings? because before i reset megadrum i must rewrite with a pen all settings!!! :D
alchemicus

Postby dmitri » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:21 pm

You can send all settings to MIDI-OX as a SysEx but if you try to load it back to MegaDrum you will also load original incorrect settings.
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to MegaDrum Hardware